Monday, May 9, 2011

Dinner and a movie

Day 3-

Saw "Thor" today.  Loved it! Was definitely feeling inspired to kick ass afterwards.  That and look for an awesome set of armor.  There is just something about comic book movies that get me pumped up to workout.  Maybe it's the skimpy costumes or six-pack abs of the heros, but I watch those movies and think, "if only I pushed myself a little harder, ate a little cleaner, I could totally pull off that costume for Halloween!"



Today I am happy to report I did push myself.  Physically, I hiked all over Dreamy Draw and wore the pup out.  Eva, my pit-bull, was down for the count all afternoon!  Diet-wise, I pushed my luck at a new restaurant (new to me...not new to this earth) and stuck to my new paleo regime.  The place is called The Phoenix City Grille.  It's right down the street from me and might be a new favorite spot.  They had a ton of wine (sadly it'll have to wait for now) and lots of paleo options.  Lots of different proteins to chose from and most importantly, lots of paleo-approved sides.  I ordered the cedar plank salmon and swapped out horseradish potatoes (which my friend reports are amazing!) for grilled asparagus and beets.  Normally I'm not a beet person, but these were pretty damn good. Plus they only had 9g of carbs along with 2g of fiber and 2g of protein.



2 comments:

  1. I love healthy meals that are SO good, you'd actually eat them when you're not dieting. Great choices!

    Brazilian Steakhouses have a special place in my heart (and stomach, I guess) for the same reason.

    Way to go with the super hero motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a few Brazilian places nearby. I've been wanting to go. Super pumped they're going to fit in with my challenge.

    ReplyDelete