Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 6&7-

Week 1 is coming to a close. The past two days have been so busy I haven't truly had time to reflect. I'll leave that for tomorrow when I'm off shift and had a nap!

Yesterday was day 6. Most of it was spent driving back to Phoenix. I learned from my drive down that going four hours without snacks leads to a very grumpy cavegirl. This time I was better prepared. Thanks to some tips from the Guru of Gorgeous, Danielle, the car was stalked with healthy almonds and other low carb, high fat nuts and the drive was much more enjoyable.

It still seems counter-intuitive to eat "high fat" but the Susan Powter death grip of "stop the insanity" is starting to loosen up. It's not the fat that's killing us...it's the added sugar lurking in our favorite foods. Hmm...more on that when I'm rested.

Here's to week 1 down!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you are just too sweet! I'm so proud of you and what you're doing, not just with diet but with all your physical endeavors as well. You inspire the crap outta me, as you always have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! One of these days we need to plan for a get together. I still owe ya, damnit!

    ReplyDelete