Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Day 5- Family fit

Quick blurb because it's late and it's been a long and fun day. Played tourist in Tombstone and got called out to a duel with the street re-enactors. It was super fun! I even got to fire a real gun! Would definitely recommend the Helldorado guys over the "OK Coral" actors.

When we got home, my dad treated us to a paleo-friendly home cooked meal: top sirloin, broccoli, cauliflower, and a yummy salad full of mushrooms, tomatoes, green onions, and zucchini.

After dinner, my nephew challenged me to Wii Fit. He even busted out a real hula-hoop to use during super-hoop. I kicked his butt in everything but skateboard. That kid is a freakin skateboarding ninja.

I've hit a few lows mentally during the first week of the challenge, craving carbs, getting irritable, and not getting adequate calories. Today those lows were almost none existent thanks to the support of my family and the distraction of wandering through Tombstone. Think having such a strong support group and staying busy will make this strict carb-restricted paleo challenge very doable. The results are already starting to show...the gunslingers called me "svelte!" winning!!

1 comment:

  1. Your dad's cooking sounds AH-MAY-ZING.

    Sorry to hear about your lows! The thing that helps me the most when keeping carbs low is just to remember that it's okay to raise your fat intake a bit. Stash a baggie of almonds in your purse and munch before your blood sugar drops too low. Or if you're not an almond fan try sunflower seeds or jerky.

    The goal is keeping your energy up, so that you're not tempted to slip. You're doing an amazing job and I think you should keep blogging after this challenge is over.

    ReplyDelete