Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 8-I love Luci's




There is an amazing restaurant and marketplace near my house called Luci's Healthy Marketplace.  My brother introduced me to their amazing healthy lunches and fresh brewed green tea. Plus they cater to gluten-free freaks like me! They have a super wide variety of gluten free protein bars and other goodies.  Luci's is a weekly staple in my life, that is until I started this paleo challenge.  I have been trying to avoid  eating out because it's a lot easier to keep track of what I eat and where it came from when I know every single ingredient.

Tonight, however, I was tired and way too sun-beaten to cook after spending all afternoon swimming. So I hit up one of my favorite spots and discovered there's more than meets the eye to this place.  Little did I know that my favorite lunch spot is also a hipster jazz bar on Saturday night with live music and dinner specials that the chef whips up in the "teaching" kitchen where Luci's offers a weekly cooking class.  I ordered pan-seared chilean sea bass with asparagus and sauteed peppers and zucchini. The best part was I could sit at one of the little tables and keep a hawk eye on the guy to make sure no forbidden foods were slipped in.  None were.  The meal was paleo and cooked to perfection! Oh and the band playing "Fly Me to the Moon" in the background sent the experience over the top.

So if you end up in central Phoenix with a jonesing for healthy meals...head over to Luci's Health Marketplace on 16th St and Bethany Home.  If it's for lunch...I'd recommend the Dirty Doctor or the Zeus Burger! Oh, and order me a large iced tea and drop it off at the house will ya...It's Goodness for Goodness Sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment