Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 27- Making strides

Just a quick blurb since I'm at work.

It was brought to my attention that the last few posts were somewhat negative or at least made it seem like I was struggling. Well I am happy to report that yesterday & today (as well as many of the other days) have been a success!

Yesterday, for example, was a day full of great workouts & tons of energy! Even better was that yesterday was an IF (intermittent fast) day! I used one of the many methods of IF and skipped a meal.

It seems like all you hear is "eat 5-6 meals a day." Well pretty sure our cavemen ancestors and even our grandparents/parents did just fine with 3 or less. Our bodies are able to adapt to stesss and change so why would we keep our eating habits on a strict timeline? Eat every two hours??! Personally I've found that this schedule has made me a food addict. I no longer eat when I'm hungry...I eat because that's what all the diet books are telling me. Well not anymore. The occassional IF is the perfect way to reset my hunger gauge and help me take back control.

Yesterday reset my clock and today I felt strong and not stressed about food. What a concept! Rather than stress about food, I could just enjoy it. Even better is that my natural appetite kept me well within my paleo guidelines. Winning!

No comments:

Post a Comment