Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 1- Primal challenge 2011


So as usual for these challenges, I am going to start off by listing my goals.

The first goal is to make sure I get adequate rest. I'm not talking about taking days off from exercises...I'm talking about sleep. Deep, uninterrupted sleep. The kind that helps my body and mind heal.  Obviously that is not going to happen at work, but on my days off, my goal is to get into a routine where I shut off electronics and get consistent about going to bed and getting up at the same time everyday.  Oh and of course a few power naps for the days I didn't get to sleep through the night at work.

My other main goal is to work on my damn sweet tooth! The plan is to reach for veggies and healthy protein and fats instead of "carby" and sugary snacks.  Or go for a walk or pick up a fun new hobby or finish some projects to get my mind off my sweet tooth.

The goal of this challenge is not to diet but to change what my body craves and give it what will turn me into a well-oiled machine.  My new mantra is "food is fuel, not fun." Say it with me people, "food is fuel, not fun!"

1 comment:

  1. FOOD IS FUEL!!! Not fun. Yay!! Going on my fridge now!! :)

    ReplyDelete