Thursday, May 8, 2014

Turning 30 and moving on

Officially two weeks into my 30s, and it's been a strange but wonderful ride so far.  Today marked the end of paramedic class.  As much time as it took, I should be a doctor instead of just a paramedic "candidate!"  Today also marked probably the last time I'll spend with some great people I've met along the way.  Well I guess there is always graduation on Monday, but today was the last day in class, and it won't ever quite feel the same after that.  

I've learned a lot over the course- a little about how to be a paramedic and a lot on how to reach out when times get hard or when I need a quick laugh.  I learned that I can come across as a jerk at first, but eventually people see beyond that and see me for who I really am...fun, goofy, generous, easy to talk with, and still a smartass, but a harmless one. 

Wrapping up the last 16 months of school made me realize I still have that 30 Before 30 list lingering.  As I look at it now, it seems like a whole world away from when I wrote it. Hard to imagine where I was in October of 2011!  So many things have changed...so many of my priorities have shifted. I didn't accomplish nearly what I thought I wanted (not even half!), but maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Don't think I'll be making a new list anytime soon other than to take some time for me...find my feet before jumping too far ahead.  I better tie my shoes extra tight if the rest of my 30s is anything like the first two weeks!  Just hope more amazing people continue to cross my path along the way...no matter how brief...no matter how bad their timing.  



So here's what I did accomplish from the list...
  1. Take dogs camping to Carsbald (Condo on Dog beach totally counts)
  2. Become a paramedic. (Need to pass Nat registry but still counting it)
  3. Break the World Police & Fire Games Women's Open Hammer Record
  4. Take a wine class
  5. Be nicer to Thomas (you know you're my favorite German!)
  6. Pay off one of my credit cards or student loans
  7. Grow my own vegetables
  8. Pick up a random person's tab
  9. Do enough legit strict pull-ups so I can start kipping again at Crossfit Southwest
  10. Go to Ireland
  11. Perfect my Mandeltårta
  12. Throw a theme party
  13. Treat my parents to dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment