Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 28- Completing the Clean Living Challenge


Today is the final day of Crossfit Southwest's Clean Living Challenge!! I am proud to say I made it through without cheating the program or myself. I ate clean, worked hard, and focused efforts on rehabbing injuries and recovery.

So what are the benefits I have noticed? 
  • I have loads of energy in the afternoon
  • I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go
  • Finally sleeping better (Thanks Danielle!)
  • Lost about 5lbs and 3.5" from my hips/abdomen
  • My um...digestion is more regular than normal
  • I have increased my mobility and range of motion in my shoulders and hips
  • I reconnected with some great friends and made new bonds with fellow challengers
  • My culinary prowess has increased...hello kohlrabi and bacon!
What were some of my challenges?
  • The first week I had nightmares about baked goods. I can't even eat pie without it messing me up but for some reason I was craving cake, cookies, and pie
  • Finding healthy snacks...too often I turned to nuts or fruits which either put me over my carb goal or left me hungry later on
  • Explaining my diet to everyone at work and getting crap for it
  • Planning all my meals ahead can be exhausting
  • Being sober for the Super Bowl. Lame.
  • Missing my Dutch Bro's skinny latte
What happens now?
  • I'm going to enjoy some little cheats (skinny Margarita from Ajo Al's, some Valentine's chocolate)
  • I'll slowly bring back some "forbidden foods" like yogurt and protein shakes
  • I plan to keep my carb intake around 100g for now...allowing for some movement depending on my activity level
  • Continue taking time to recover...AM sun salutation, yoga few times a week, going to bed early
  • Keep pressing forward
Thank you everyone for supporting me through this. It has been a great learning experience.

1 comment: